Law Religion Culture Review

Exploring the intersections of law, religion and culture. Copyright by Richard J. Radcliffe. All rights reserved.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail.

On Saturday evening my family and I arrived at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Irvine, California.

I made reservations about six weeks in advance knowing that such advance planning was required if we were to dine at the fine establishment. In fact, when I called the time I had sought was already taken and we had to move it about 45 minutes earlier.

So, imagine the comedy that unfolded at the front desk when a party of four strolled in about 6 p.m. and asked for a table without reservations. The hostess' earnest response: "If you come back about 9:45 p.m. we might have something for you then."