Law Religion Culture Review

Exploring the intersections of law, religion and culture. Copyright by Richard J. Radcliffe. All rights reserved.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Brad Delp, Rest in Peace, Part II.

According to msn.com:

Brad Delp's suicide note "was paper-clipped to the neck of Delp's shirt when police found his body at his Atkinson home, on the bathroom floor, his head on a pillow. He had sealed himself inside with two charcoal grills; toxicology tests showed he had committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning.

"'Mr. Brad Delp. J'ai une ame solitaire. I am a lonely soul,' the note read."

***

"His fiancee, Pamela Sullivan, called police March 9 after noticing a dryer vent tube connected to the exhaust pipe of Delp's car. In the garage, police found a note taped to the door leading into the house.

"'To whoever finds this I have hopefully committed suicide. Plan B was to asphyxiate myself in my car.'

"In another note on a door at the top of the stairs, Delp cautioned that there was carbon monoxide inside.

"'I take complete and sole responsibility for my present situation. I have lost my desire to live,' he wrote. The note also included instructions on how to contact his fiancee: 'Unfortunately she is totally unaware of what I have done.'"

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=255185