Law Religion Culture Review

Exploring the intersections of law, religion and culture. Copyright by Richard J. Radcliffe. All rights reserved.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Justice Scalia and Me.

Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia and I got together last night for a discussion on textual interpretation.

He just didn't know it.

Actually, Justice Scalia came to The OC yesterday to deliver a lecture at Chapman University's law school. I was lucky enough to be invited to hear my favorite opinion writer. (Scalia Dissents by Kevin Ring is a tour de force, as noted here previously). However, as an added bonus, I got a seat in the front row.

I remarked to a friend of mine that even if I would be fortunate enough to argue a case before the Supreme Court I still would be farther away than the seat last night.

I'll post later on some Scalia witicisms from the lecture. I brought a legal pad so my readers would be able to enjoy the pearls afterward.

Labels: