Law Religion Culture Review

Exploring the intersections of law, religion and culture. Copyright by Richard J. Radcliffe. All rights reserved.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Praising the Good.

There's enough negativity in the world. (I realize this statement is itself somewhat negative.)

So, I am launching an occasional series where I will praise the good I see.

Last Friday night, I watched the end of the Los Angeles Lakers' game against the Portland Trailblazers.

Kobe Bryant exploded for 65 points, but that was not the best part.

Fox Sports West-Prime Ticket innovations in its telecast were. First, the camera angles projected the game as if the viewer were sitting courtside in one of those multi-thousand dollar seats. Second, there were no announcers. Third, there were no commercials. I don't know how Fox did it, or how it might sustain it in the future. For example, Fox also simultaneously showed a conventional broadcast, but who would prefer to watch the commercials or through distant camera angles?

If Fox employs this technique again, I commend it to anyone who has access.

Labels: , ,