Law Religion Culture Review

Exploring the intersections of law, religion and culture. Copyright by Richard J. Radcliffe. All rights reserved.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Self-Back-Patting.

I fondly remember going to my Criminal Law professor's classes. The professor appeared regularly in the media to comment on high profile cases, and he exhibited a flair for the dramatic in class. He told great courtroom stories, of which I remember many.

However, his litigation tales often assumed a self-congratulatory tone. My good buddy classmate would signal such a vignette with a back-patting pantomime.

I hope this story does not cause readers to do the same for me, but I received the following email from a client today:

"My family just wanted to say thank you again for everything you have done. We are
indebted to you for your services, and we think that you are a superb attorney and
human being. We hope to tell other attorneys, referral services, and everyone we
know that you and your firm are superior to all those we've ever encountered."

It's moments like this that make the practice especially satisfying.