Law Religion Culture Review

Exploring the intersections of law, religion and culture. Copyright by Richard J. Radcliffe. All rights reserved.

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Goals.

Note: Please understand this post is made in the spirit of commemoration--not congratulation.

"In order to be in control of your life, you have to have a purposeā€”a productive purpose."
"The most depraved type of human being ... (is) the man without a purpose."
--Ayn Rand

Goals are good. Their absence isn't.

This morning I accomplished a goal. I now weigh less than I did when I played high school basketball.

People have asked me how I did it. Broadly, I created and implemented a holistic approach with spiritual, intellectual, and physical dimensions. However, it really can't be transferred to another. It has to come from within, starting with a goal.