Law Religion Culture Review

Exploring the intersections of law, religion and culture. Copyright by Richard J. Radcliffe. All rights reserved.

Monday, June 06, 2005

Memed.

Kyle Beckley, a Chapman University law student and extern at the Fourth District Court of Appeal (Third Division), has tagged me with a meme making the rounds. So, in the interest of conformance to good blogging ethics, here's my response.

Number of books I owned - probably about 1000-1200. Of those, I have completed approximately three quarters.

Last book(s) I bought - Courtroom 302: A Year Behind the Scenes in an American Criminal Courthouse (2005) by Steve Bogira and iCon Steve Jobs : The Greatest Second Act in the History of Business (2005) by Jeffrey S. Young and William L. Simon.

Last book I read- How Lawyers Lose Their Way, A Profession Fails Its Creative Minds (2005) by Jean Stefancic and Richard Delgado. The book explores these law professors' perceived maladies with the legal profession and offers an antidote or two.

Five that mean a lot to me - Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis; Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer; Millionaire Mind by Thomas J. Stanley; Institutes of the Christian Religion by John Calvin; and Scalia Dissents: Writings of the Supreme Court's Wittiest, Most Outspoken Justice by Kevin A. Ring. With only five options, this list culls a book from the genres I tend to harvest from mostly: theology, biographies; business/economics and law.

In turn, I'm tagging Georgina at Release The Hounds! and The Last Moderate.