Law Religion Culture Review

Exploring the intersections of law, religion and culture. Copyright by Richard J. Radcliffe. All rights reserved.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Amusing Quotes from 2005.

As we approach the end of 2005, here are some funny quotes from the past year.

Matt Lauer: "Pain at the pump. Gas prices are going sky high. I paid $2.94 a gallon over the weekend to fill up the car."

Katie Couric: "It’s ridiculous. I had to take out a loan to fill up my minivan. It’s crazy."

(on NBC’s Today, August 15, 2005.)

Couric makes about $15,000,000 per annum.

Also:

Harry Smith to Rick Warren: "Do I need to be concerned that I’m going to go live with a church family, are they going to proselytize me, are they going to say, ‘You better come to church with me or else, I’m, you know, you’re not going to get your breakfast this morning’?"

(Smith asking Warren about church families taking in evacuees from Hurricane Katrina, on CBS’s Early Show, September 6, 2005.)

(Via Media Research Center.)